Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes Rock Candy Airbrush Makeup so special?
Airbrush makeup is the ingenious result of thousands of droplets of fine mist when a compressor pushes air through the airbrush gun. It replaces sponges, fingers, brushes, etc., making it considerably more hygienic, hypoallergenic, and safer on your skin. With airbrush makeup, very little product is needed to provide fuller, even, and natural coverage. Its buildable quality produces a natural looking sheer to full coverage, leaving skin with a soft-focus, flawless finish. Digital media and hi-definition television use airbrush makeup applications as it gives stars that red carpet-coveted complexion. Rock Candy Beauty gives you that perfect coverage that makeup artists have been using for years-quickly and easily in the comfort of your own home or on-the-go!
2. What makes Rock Candy Airbrush Makeup better than traditional liquid, mineral, cream, and powder makeup?
Most traditional foundations have that obvious “caked-on” look and always feel like you are wearing a full face of makeup. Airbrush makeup leaves a light, “second skin-like” blend of color over the complexion, creating the illusion of a perfect face, while allowing your true beauty to shine through. Now, you’ll never have to touch your face with your fingers, dirty brushes, or sullied sponges again! The ability to mix Rock Candy colors for individual custom blends is unsurpassed, resulting in a natural look that will cover, correct, conceal, blend, and blur all your imperfections. Our products are also made from natural ingredients, water-based, and completely oil-free. Always vegan, natural & cruelty-free!
3. What are the benefits of airbrushing with Rock Candy?
Rock Candy produces every level of coverage you desire, while being healthy for your skin. Whether you’re looking to minimize the look of wrinkles and fine lines, diminish blemishes, age spots, redness, large pores and acne, or simply need a natural look for your day-to-day life, Rock Candy gives you the perfect look, while treating skin to a host of the best, most natural ingredients available.
4. How long does Rock Candy last?
Rock Candy Airbrush Makeup is a high-performance cosmetic designed to last all day when set with our Finish Setting Spray or translucent powder. PLEASE NOTE: The longest applications tend to result from fresh clean skin without a lot of heavy moisturizing products. Never apply heavy coats. A single heavy coat will have a quarter of the life that 2 or 3 light coats will have.
5. Can I use the Rock Candy Airbrush System every day?
Not just for blushing brides, the Rock Candy Airbrush System is designed for everyday use. It is simple enough to use for an everyday look, or easy to glam up for a night on the town or special occasion. Our natural and organic ingredient-based formula treats your skin as you wear it, meaning you are getting more bang for your beauty buck whenever you wear the skincare-infused Rock Candy make-up essentials.
6. What results should I expect from using Rock Candy?
The results from Rock Candy will be unlike anything else you have ever experienced. It’s easy, clean, fast, and leaves your skin flawless! Our goal is to provide the best possible product, so we created the most natural and cruelty-free airbrush cosmetic collection on the market. Not only do we use exceptional ingredients that leave your skin silky-smooth and natural-looking throughout the day, but we guarantee our products are available at a price you can afford. Our bestselling, versatile foundations can be worn matte or with a dewy, satin finish.
7. Can I travel with my Rock Candy Airbrush essentials?
The Rock Candy Airbrush System is entirely lightweight, portable for on-the-go ease.
8. Can I use other products with my Rock Candy?
Rock Candy Airbrush Makeup is designed to be used with Rock Candy cosmetics only. Using other products in your system will not spray correctly and can clog your gun.
Application Tips/Do’s and Don’ts
1. What type of coverage does the Rock Candy No Filter 4K Foundation provide?
Rock Candy lets you customize the coverage you want. There are three speeds on your Rock Candy compressor that allow you to control how much makeup is misted. You want to see perfected skin, not makeup. As a guideline, apply:
1.1-2 passes for sheer coverage
2.3-4 passes for medium coverage
3.4-5 passes for full coverage
2. Can I use it to cover blemishes, dark spots, and discolorations?
Yes, our Rock Candy No Filter 4K Foundation is perfect for spot-treating any blemishes, dark spots,or areas that need additional coverage. Pull back lightly on the trigger and apply until the imperfection disappears, then apply your Rock Candy as usual.
3. Will Rock Candy settle into my fine lines/pores/wrinkles?
Rock Candy has advanced smoothing ingredients that actually helps minimize the appearance of imperfections, pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Thanks to revolutionary MiniPoryl and IntegriACTIVE Firm lift, ingredients found in all our Rock Candy No Filter 4K Foundations, your skin will appear lifted and firmer with continued usage. With every spray, you’ll create a youthful, radiant look, leaving skin feeling smooth, healthy and hydrated.
4. I’m concerned with aging –too much foundation makes me look older.
The magic of airbrush and our expertly-formulated foundations are engineered to blend flawlessly with skin, instantly smoothing lines and softening imperfections. Skin looks natural and baby-soft, while providing as much or as little coverage as you need. You control the coverage.
5. How do you control the amount of makeup spraying from the gun?
The trigger and the air speed on the compressor regulate the amount of makeup released from the gun. With Rock Candy, less is always more. When applying to the face, pull back halfway on the trigger for best results. If you pull back further, more makeup will release. However, we only recommended this for use on large areas of the body. Your best bet is to play and spray until you find the look that works for you.
6. How long does it take to apply Rock Candy?
With Rock Candy, you can enjoy a fabulously flawless finish in a flash! In just under five minutes, you can apply everything from foundation to bronzer to blush to illuminator with the gun. It is easy to create a natural, everyday look, as well as a more glamorous look for special occasions. This makeup is perfect for the busy woman who doesn’t have time for re-applying makeup during the day! No more time-consuming touch-ups! Just spray, set, and jet!
Skin Solves/For a Match Made in Heaven
1. I’m having a hard time matching my skin color. Help!
Please check out our tutorials on our VIDEOS page. Get supermodel-sexy skin with these five, fast fixes:
1. Locate all the foundation shades that you purchased.
2. Shake all the bottles extremely well for 30 seconds before your first application to ensure that you have thoroughly mixed all the pigment so that you receive the best results.
3. Test each shade by spraying a light swatch patch on your skin. Select the closest shade to your current skin tone. If your skin shade is not an exact match, you can combine the two closest colors in your gun.
4. Place 4-6 drops of the selected shade into the airbrush cup. If combining shades, use 3-4 drops of each shade. Then, hold your finger over the tip of the gun and gently pull back on the trigger. The shades will “back bubble,” combining the shades into your perfect match. The magic of airbrush is that even if a shade doesn’t look like a 100% match, the micronized formula blends with skin to look like a match.
5. Apply makeup as usual until your desired result is achieved.
2. Do Rock Candy products work on all skin types and tones?
Rock Candy has got everyone covered! No matter what your skin type or color, we have a foundation that will work for you and your desired finish! We guarantee you’ll find your perfect color match. With our natural and organic ingredients, Rock Candy will never clog your pores or settle into lines, unlike conventional makeup. All Rock Candy cosmetics are dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and non-irritating.
1. What ingredients are in Rock Candy?
Rock Candy pulls double duty with the latest in natural and organic ingredients to treat your skin,while providing a flawless finish.
Rock Candy is specifically designed with your skin’s care in mind, promising breathability and beautification, along with an impeccably smooth, even finish. Our formulas are always:
Here is just a glimpse inside each botanical-based, beautifying bottle of Rock Candy:
- MiniPoryl(RedClover & Isopentyldiol): Diminishes the appearance of pores both immediately and with long-term use. Balances healthy sebum production for an even-toned, comfortable complexion.
- IntegriACTIVEFirmlift (Sweet Almond Seed & Hydrolyzed Rice Protein): Hydrates, heals, soothes, and smooths skin, while promotingcell renewal and anti-aging benefits. Blurs the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while preventing future skin damage.
- AloeVera: Soothes, cools, heals, and hydrates skin for a beautifully-balanced, even-toned complexion.
- Canola Oil: Keeps moisture on lockdown, while fighting aging, free radicals and other environmental aggressors. Helps banish blemishes.
- Jojoba Esters: Similar to skin’s own lipid layer, jojoba esters naturally balance sebum production to prevent breakouts and other skin irritations.
- Syn-Coll: Counteracts the unsightly effects of UV damage, while rejuvenating and revitalizing skin. Visibly reduces aging effects, while boostingcollagen production to prevent new wrinkles from forming.
- Oat Bran Extract: Combats irritations and external pollutants to renew cells and even out skin tone. Boosts moisture to visibly lift and firm skin, giving complexion a youthful-looking appearance.
- Green Tea and Bamboo Stem Cells: Promotes collagen synthesis and fights free radicals for visible anti-aging effects.
For a full breakdown of our revolutionary and proprietary-patented formulas for our Rock Candy No Filter 4K Foundations, Bronzers, Blushes, and Illuminators, click the “Ingredients” tab at the bottom of the page.
1. How often should I clean my Rock Candy gun?
Your gun need not be cleaned between every single product applicationie: from foundation to bronze to blush as that gives you that natural blend without the use of brushes or your fingers,but it should be rinsed thoroughly with Rock Candy’s non-toxic Clean solution once your make-up application is done for the day. For instructions on how to properly deep clean your gun, you can watch our video tutorial on deep cleaning in our How-to Videos.
1. My makeup appears to be blotchy or heavier in some spots. Is there something wrong with the Airbrush Compressor/Air System or my Rock Candy?
You may be over-applying the makeup by coming in too close to your face or pushing back on the gun too much. The key to airbrushing is:
1.Remain about a 4 fingers-distance from face.
2.Keep the Airbrush moving in small, circular or sweeping motions for a seamlessly blended application.
3.Pull the gun back slightly, but no more than half-way.
4.For more tips on a beautiful airbrush application, check out our How-To Videos page.
2. How do I know if my makeup is expired?
If the makeup separates, clogs, or feels sticky after shaking it, it may be time to toss it and buy a new one. Rock Candy is all natural. You can safely use Rock Candy up to 12 months. After that, time to get a new bottle.
3. Does Rock Candy Airbrush Makeup offer tutorials on learning how to air brush like a pro?
1. Learning how to airbrush is simple, you can literally do it with your eyes closed, but don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it perfect the first time. The most common reason for an uncooperative airbrush is dry makeup- keep your airbrush compressor clean!
Practice makes perfect. When applying your product, make sure to hold your gun like you would a pen. Next, lightly pull back on your trigger to apply the product onto your face using light circular motions. When first starting, spray product onto a piece of paper to see exactly where you are spraying and how hard you need to pull back to achieve your desired result. We suggest practic ing with water on your face first, so you’re not wasting all your precious make-up. Less is more with Rock Candy. Apply a light layer, let dry for 5 seconds, then continue to build upon your coverage until your desired look is achieved. Need a little more guidance? Check out our Videos page.
4. My Gun is not dispensing any of my makeup?
If your gun is not working properly or is spraying inconsistently, there may be some makeup built-up within the apparatus. To clean your gun, soak in warm soapy water for 20 minutes. Use the Rock Candy Clean through the gun by pressing all the way back on the trigger and rinse with water. If you need more help, check out our Video page. If the problem has not resolved after implementing the above instructions, make sure the hose is properly attached to both the gun and Rock Candy Air Compressor. There could be other reasons why your Rock Candy Air System may not be spraying properly:
- Clogged Nozzle –Remove and clean both needle and nozzle caps separately by soaking them in hot, soapy water. Hold the airbrush gun without nozzle caps under running hot water.
- Damaged Nozzle –Remove and replace the nozzle.
- Tip Head is Loose –Tighten BOTH the needle and nozzle caps
- Needle NOT Moving –Tighten loose needle chucking nut found at the tail of the airbrush gun.
5. Heavy, Blotchy,or Uneven Coverage
- Uneven coverage can be caused by a few missteps. First, try lowering the airflow setting on your Rock Candy Compressor. We recommend the second or third level of airflow for optimal performance.
- You may be holding your gun too close to your face. Stay 4 fingers width away from your face to prevent the make-up from appearing caked-on or blotchy.
- You may be allowing too much make-up to flow by pulling the trigger too far back. Only pull the trigger about halfway back for a feat her light, fine misting of make-up. Pulling the trigger past the midpoint can result in heavy, blotchy,or uneven coverage.
- Finally, be sure you are moving in consistent, circular motions when applying the make-up. Check out our How-To Videos page.
- If your system is still not working properly, please call our customer service line at 949-491-1401.
6. Grainy or Textured Spray
- Air Pressure is Too Low –Adjust to a higher airflow setting by tapping the button of your Compressor.
- Dried Makeup on End of Needle –Remove and clean the needle.
- Dirty Airbrush Nozzle –Remove and clean nozzle.
Makeup Too Thick –Use fresh make-up from a thoroughly shaken bottle. If your system is still not working properly, please call our customer service line at 949-491-1401.
7. Bubbling Fluid in Cup
If the makeup is bubbling in the airbrush cup without you holding your hand over the nozzle, try the following fast fixes:
- Clogged or Damaged Nozzle –Remove and clean or replace the needle and nozzle caps.
- Tip Head is Loose –Tighten the needle and nozzle cap.
- Split Nozzle Tip –Remove and replace the nozzle tip.
- Bent Needle Tip –Remove and straighten or replace the needle tip.
- Dried Make-up on End of Needle -Remove and clean the airbrush needle and nozzle caps. Run hot water over the tip of the exposed needle of airbrush gun. Gently use a clean cotton swab to clean tip of needle.
- Dirty Airbrush Nozzle –Remove and clean both the airbrush needle and nozzle caps. If your system is still not working properly, please call our customer service line at 949-491-1401.
Splattering occurs when the needle snaps back into the tip. Always release the trigger gently to avoid splattering. If you have tried cleaning the needle and nozzle caps and it’s still splattering, try these fast fixes:
- Remove both needle and nozzle caps.
- Remove the tail of the airbrush gun.
- Remove the airbrush gun from the rubber hose.
- Soak the airbrush in HOT soapy water for 1-2 hours.
- Use a clean, cotton swab to thoroughly clean both the needle and nozzle caps. Then, replace.
- Use a fresh cotton swab to thoroughly clean out the makeup pot of airbrush.
- Replace the tail on gun.
If your system is still not working properly, please call our customer service line at 949-491-1401.
9. OH NO! My airbrush stopped working. What do I do?
The most common reason for an uncooperative airbrush is dry make-up. It is easy to fix. See Video page for easy cleaning tips. Make this a part of your daily maintenance routine to keep your spray and coverage optimal. If you feel that your airbrush is still not spraying properly, please call customer service at 949-491-1401.
1. How do I make changes, add or remove items, or cancel an order I had just placed?
Any changes to your order can be made within the first 24 hours of your order. Please email our Customer Care Team at email@example.com or give us a call at 949-491-1401 to do so.
2. How do I make changes or update shipping and billing info?
If you would like to change the frequency of your shipment, please email our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 949-491-1401.
3. Why isn’t my promotional code being accepted?
You may have entered the wrong promotional code or it may have expired. Please check the expiration date, re-type it in the box labeled “Promo Codes” at the checkout page. You can always call customer service at 949-491-1401 for further assistance.
4. How do I purchase a Rock Candy Gift Card?
Please email our Customer Care Team at email@example.com or give us a call at 949-491-1401.
Shipping and Tracking
1. When can I expect my Rock Candy products to be delivered?
You should have received a confirmation email of your order and a separate shipping confirmation email containing tracking information. If not, please call customer service at 949-491-1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refused Delivery -Customers will be responsible for all charges associated with shipping and handling, PLUS a minimum 25% re-stocking fee if order is refused.
2. Does Rock Candy ship internationally?
3. How do I track my package?
Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with your shipping tracking number. You can check the status of your shipment by clicking on the tracking number found in the email or by logging into My Account. If you do not receive an email within 24-72 hours, please email our Customer Care Team at email@example.com or give us a call at 949-491-1401.
4. What if my package arrived damaged? How do I get a replacement?
If your package arrived damaged OR your order is incorrect or missing some items, please email our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 949-491-1401 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you with your replacement.
Returns, Refunds, and Replacements
1. Can I return my products even if they’re used?
If for any reason you’re not 100% satisfied with your recent Rock Candy purchase, simply return the product within 45 days from its order date. To return any product, please email our Customer Care Team at email@example.com or give us a call at 949-491-1401.
2. Can I return my Rock Candy Air System?
Yes. You may return your product within 45 days, no questions asked.
3. Can I return and/or exchange any of the Rock Candy cosmetics I ordered?
Yes. You may return your product within 45 days, no questions asked.
4. How long should I expect my replacement products to arrive?
Once your replacement order is placed, you should receive an email with shipping information.
5. How long does it take to process my refund?
You should see a credit to your original payment method within 30 days.
6. Can I purchase any of the Rock Candy products in stores?
Not at this time. Rock Candy Beauty is only available online at RockCandyBeauty.com.