When it comes to spray-on makeup to commemorate your scholarly achievement, these tips and tricks are a beauty no-brainer.
From your long-awaited, joyous graduation ceremony to the fun-filled after party, you’ll look like a class act with a perfect, poreless complexion using the airbrush vegan makeup sensation that’s scoring the highest marks in the beauty biz. No tutor required.
Cap and Gown Airbrush Makeup Prep 101
Girls (and guys!), it’s all about the base when it comes to flaunting a flawless face at graduation. You’re graduating with flying colors, so make sure your complexion follows suit. Remember, when applied correctly, your airbrush makeup experience should last without having to re-apply or touch-up. Rock Candy’s signature airbrush cosmetics collection is waterproof, cry-proof, kiss-proof, hug-proof, sweat-proof, and life-proof. It’s got your back – and your front! Here are some timeless airbrushing tips to take you from the commencement speech to the first toast:
- Start with a fresh, clean canvas ready for airbrushing.
- Slather a lightweight, water-based moisturizer to hydrate and keep your airbrush cruelty-free makeup from caking and crumbling.
- If you’re going to be outside for the commencement services, be sure to slather/spray a broad spectrum SPF on skin to protect against burning, damaging rays. It’s never too early to start preventing skin damage, as the sun is one of the leading causes of photoaging of the skin. So, go undercover. We like mineral-based sunscreens, since they’re skin-safe, chemical-free, and work seamlessly with the skincare-infused Rock Candy line of airbrush vegan makeup essentials.
- Next, spray a few spritzes of your Rock Candy Finish Setting Spray to prep and prime the complexion. This will instantly leave a super-smooth, poreless, porcelain-like base, allowing your Rock Candy NoFilter 4K Foundation to hold and hug your complexion all day and night.
- Now, you’re ready to spray away! For the ceremony, we suggest keeping your look classy, soft, simple, and sophisticated. Think office/daytime/”no-makeup” makeup looks. You’re receiving your diploma/degree, which means you’re about to get thrown into the working world, so now’s the time to practice makeup modesty.
- Keep your foundation layers to a bare minimum. Basically, your goal is to even-out your skin tone, conceal any blemishes, correct any discoloration/redness/undereye circles, and that’s it. Soft and subtle!
- Top apples of cheeks with a burst of blush for a healthy, rosy glow.
- Add a little shimmer to the high planes of face (forehead, tops of cheeks, brow bone) using your Rock Candy illuminator. Here’s a must-try technique: Lightly spray illuminator in the inner corners of eyes for a wide-awake look, plus this eye-opening technique will make all hues of peepers pop.
- Scale down eye play and step away from the war paint! Leave lids bare or just a light swipe of an earth-toned shadow will do. If you can’t part with your eyeliner, use it just in the waterline for some understated definition.
- Lift and lengthen lashes with a few coats of mascara.
- Swipe a nude/beigey-pink gloss on lips to plump, perfect, and prettify your pout. You can also go for a classic red lip in this case, just be sure to balance the look by with barely-there eye makeup.
- Set and jet with a few spritzes of Finish Setting Spray or a few swipes of HardPressed Setting Powder for no-budge, no-smudge, stay-put power.
A+ Airbrush Makeup for Post-Matriculation
Whether you’re hosting your own post-ceremony get-together or attending someone else’s, this is when you can glam up your glow game. Plus, you won’t be getting down in your cap and gown, so here are some tips to take your daytime look up a notch or two:
- Bust out your Rock Candy bronzer for an all over, sun-kissed glow, especially if you’re tanned and wearing a body-baring number.
- Your Rock Candy bronzer also pulls double-duty as a contouring tool to sculpt and define your complexion. So, if you’re into the Kardashian contour craze, now’s your makeup moment! Keep your contour believable, blended, and buffed by keeping gun 3-4 inches away from face when misting, aiming for bottom of cheek bones, sides of nose, and temples. Contouring can be a tricky trend, so take some time to hone your sculpting skills days ahead of time.
- Put some bling into your thing by adding some shine and shimmer with your photo-friendly Rock Candy illuminator. If you’ll be dancing under the disco ball all night (or stars), be sure to spray shoulders, décolletage, and fronts of legs, so you’ll be picture-perfect from head to tippy-toe!
- Now’s the time to whip out your liquid eyeliner for meow makeup with a winged cat eye, smudgy, black kohl eyeliner for a sexy, smoky eye ala rockstar chic, and other daring eye makeup moves that will make a major impact come party time. The spring fashion runways featured lots of candy box colors and brilliant pastels, whether used as eyeshadows or eyeliners. Go from ceremony to celebration in a blink of an eye with eye-catching colors.
Be sure to show and share your grade A graduation airbrush looks with the rest of the Rock Candy club using your Rock Candy airbrush vegan makeup. Use tag #RockMyLook for a chance to be featured on our InstaGLAM!
Rock Candy is an airbrush make-up company and airbrush makeup distributor designed for all women everywhere that offers the best airbrush make-up options, including makeup artist-approved airbrush makeup kits and airbrush gift sets. Their bestselling line features cruelty-free makeup beloved by the most discerning celebs, stars, models, and beauty buffs the world over. The authority of airbrush makeup brands, their cult-classic line of all-natural, proprietary-blended, vegan, and cruelty-free makeup is the best in the airbrush beauty business, forever revolutionizing the morning makeup routines of women everywhere and leaving traditional, messy makeup in the dust. Skip the sponge and spray instead.